Students are expected to dress responsibly, modestly, and appropriately for our school setting. Here are the rules and guidelines:
- Sleeveless shirts are acceptable as long as they are modest. No revealing tank tops,
muscle shirts or spaghetti straps please.
- Shirts should cover the upper body and midsection. Midriff tops are not acceptable.
- Bicycle pants/shorts are not allowed.
- See-through tops are not allowed.
- No clothing that in any way promotes drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, and/or tobacco.
- Shorts that are shorter than the length of the arm when fully extended are not
- Skirts that are shorter than 2 inches above the knee are not allowed.
- Jeans with inappropriate tears or rips are not allowed.
- No hats, bandanas, do-rags, etc. inside.
- Gang-related colors, apparel, clothing and jewelry cannot be worn.
- Cleavage should not be visible.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Students are expected to wear clothing appropriate for the weather, particularly on
days that students have physical education class (typically held outside).
A student who arrives at HA dressed in an inappropriate manner will need to wear HA provided clothing when available or will be sent home to change.